UK extends Global Human Rights sanctions to Isle of Man & Overseas Territories
The UK has passed 2 Orders to give effect to the UK’s new Global Human Rights sanctions regime in the Isle of Man and specified Overseas Territories.
The Orders came into force yesterday, 22 July 2020.
- The Global Human Rights Sanctions (Isle of Man) Order SI 2020/774, https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/774/pdfs/uksi_20200774_en.pdf Isle of Man press release; https://www.gov.im/news/2020/jul/22/financial-sanctions-global-human-rights-regime/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
- The Global Human Rights Sanctions (Overseas Territories) Order 2020, SI 2020/773. https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/773/made
The Overseas Territories to which the order extends:
- British Antarctic Territory,
- British Indian Ocean Territory,
- Cayman Islands,
- Falkland Islands,
- Ducie and Oeno Islands,
- St Helena,
- Ascension and Tristan da Cunha,
- South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands,
- The Sovereign Base Areas of Akrotiri and Dhekelia in the Island of Cyprus,
- Turks and Caicos Islands, and
- The Virgin Islands.