iremotely | TRAIN
iremotely | TRAIN
- Whether your employees are located in another country/city or just down the hall, training is an essential part of the development process, not only for the newly hired employees but also for others, throughout their career lifecycle.
- In fact, since businesses expand and have branches all over the world, the importance of training the remote employees increase all the more to reinforce the company culture and to enjoy consistent results
- Remote training is training using various methods like
- the webinar,
- e-learning courses,
- pre-prepared tailored podcasts,
- face-to-face live internet training,
- further to the above, outlined below, there are further examples.
REASONS TO CONSIDER REMOTE TRAINING
- Employees no longer need to be present in the training room physically, and this proves to be immensely beneficial, particularly for those employees who live in another city/country. Since almost everyone is comfortable with using the internet, they find receiving information in this way quite easy and beneficial. Together with helping save potential costs (travelling, lodging, etc.), the method of remote training also helps save time and is very flexible.
- Remote training is not only essential but also a beneficial process to keep the trainees updated and to discuss important matters. With just a few training sessions, both the trainer and the trainees get very comfortable with the process, and in fact, enjoy this type of training.
- Remote training is easy to use, simple to understand, offers real-time PPT presentations, HD audio and video, whiteboard, and a lot more to help make sure your remote training turns out to be successful and productive each time.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF REMOTE TRAINING?
- Apart from flexibility, remote training has to offer the following:
- It facilitates knowledge retention.
- It is affordable and convenient to use.
- It improves employee productivity.
- It offers the opportunity to train people at multiple locations.
- It allows the drip-feed of training content to increase efficiency.
- It offers a high-customized level of training.
- It decreases absenteeism.
- It provides immediate feedback on tests.
WHAT ARE THE CHALLENGES OF REMOTE TRAINING?
- However, there are also downsides to it which are essential to get to know when preparing to offer remote training:
- It may be regarded as impersonal by some.
- It may require additional training provided to instructors/trainers.
- It has the absence of human contact.
- It creates barriers to communication.
- Despite the challenges, companies across many industries have been battling with them and came up with practical training strategies to eliminate the disadvantages.
WHAT ARE THE MOST POPULAR TYPES OF REMOTE TRAINING?
- There is a great variety of remote training methods that you can use to deliver training to employees from a distance.
- The most popular that organizations use are the following:
- Self-paced learning:
- through the use of online courses, remote workers can learn at their own pace and convenience.
- Live-video conferences:
- video conferences are perfect for fighting feelings of isolation and can provide a way to strengthen the connection between remote teams.
- a dedicated knowledgebase can educate, remove employees and provide detailed explanations on matters that all struggle to understand.
- Shared document storage:
- create clear company guidelines and training materials and store them on the cloud where everybody has access.
- Remote desktop:
- remote desktop programs allow team members to log in on another computer or device and perform real-time demonstrations. This way, they can quickly overcome tech-related problems and focus on their primary tasks.
- webinars can transmit information in a visually attractive and quick way without the need for team members to be physically present.
- using video games to train remote workers through real-life work scenarios can build on knowledge retention and
- communication through the use of screen-captures or screenshots is widespread and useful as it helps team members see the content of another computer’s screen at the moment of the shot.
- on-screen tutorials, video lessons and SlideShare presentations are examples of a video recording showing a computer screen that can facilitate learning.
- these are digital audio files loaded with information that you can send to remote workers.
- Further to the above, any other means that fosters effective internal communication are essential for remote training.
- Phone calls and emails are a great example tool as they are two communication channels that although they have been around for a while, they are not obsolete yet.
Comsure can assist with any of the above ideas to enable you and your employees maintain their education and competence.