Nuclear Proliferation Activity - BIS adds eight entities to Entity List
The US Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) has added 6 Pakistani and 2 UAE companies to its Entity List.
The entities have been listed as the US government has “reasonable cause to believe” that they are:
- “Involved in proliferation to un-safeguarded nuclear activities that are contrary to the national security and/or foreign policy of the United States”.
As a result, additional licence requirements will apply to exports/re-exports/transfers of controlled items to these entities, and the availability of most licence exceptions will be limited. See final rule, which comes into effect today (1 June 2021).
The Pakistani entities are:
- Hassan Scientific Corporation;
- Mecatech (Private) Limited; Middle East Automation & Controls Services;
- Mirza and Co; Techno-Commercial; and
- TELEC Electronics & Machinery (Pvt) Ltd..
The UAE entities are:
- Delta Engineering Concern FZE; and
- Future Trends International, FZE LLC.
- IKAN Engineering Services of Pakistan has been removed from the Entity List.