NEW UK Global Anti-Corruption sanctions names 22 individuals
26 April 2021 - the United Kingdom has launched the Global Anti-Corruption sanctions regime.
The global anti-corruption sanctions regime
- Is aimed at preventing and combatting serious corruption (bribery or misappropriation of property).
- Impose sanctions on persons designated due to involvement in serious corruption or because they are linked to those involved in serious corruption.
- Impose asset freezes to deter those who are, or have been, involved in serious corruption.
- Replaces the Misappropriations (Sanctions) (EU Exit) Regulations 2020 regime concerning misappropriation of state funds from any country outside the UK.
The Global Anti-Corruption Sanctions Regulations 2021 ensure UK sanctions relating to serious corruption are implemented effectively.
This list provides details of those designated under regulations made under the Sanctions Act.
- 22 individuals have been added to the Global Anti-Corruption regime.
- These individuals are on the consolidated list and are subject to an asset freeze.
To see the notice on the UK's Global Anti-Corruption regime