Mauritius publish their NRA – The National Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Risk Assessment of Mauritius
The Ministry of Financial Services and Good Governance has, on 29th August 2019, published the following documents:
- Report 1 The National Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Risk Assessment of Mauritius – Public Report. To read public report click here.
- Report 2 The National Strategy 2019-2022 for combatting of Money Laundering (ML) and the Financing of Terrorism and Proliferation (FT & P)To read more about. To read more click here.
The National Strategy 2019-2022 is based on the findings of the National Risk Assessment (report 1), and it sets out the approach which Mauritius will adopt to tackle ML, TF and proliferation financing threats over the next three years.
The Mauritian government (Cabinet) has taken note of the National Strategy 2019-2022 for Combatting of Money Laundering and the Financing of Terrorism and Proliferation and the National Action Plan to support the implementation of the Strategy.
The National Strategy sets out the approach which Mauritius will adopt to address the money laundering, terrorist financing and proliferation financing threats for the period 2019 to 2022.
The National Strategy is based on the following main strategic themes, namely –
- strengthening the Anti Money Laundering/Combatting the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) Legal and Regulatory Framework;
- implementing a comprehensive risk-based supervision framework;
- strengthening the process by which the Money Laundering/Terrorism Financing threats are detected and disrupted, criminals are prosecuted, and illegal proceeds are confiscat
- enhancing national coordination and cooperation;
- implementing an effective AML/CFT data collection system in all relevant competent authorities; and
- enhancing regional and international cooperation.