JFSC WEBINAR Compliance monitoring - Wednesday 24 February at 14:00
Compliance monitoring webinar
- On Wednesday 24 February at 14:00, Amanda Reilly, the JFSC Examinations Head of Unit and Senior Manager, Nicky Fagan will be hosting a webinar on compliance monitoring plans (CMP).
- Effective compliance monitoring (CMP) is an invaluable process that enables senior management to
- Demonstrate that they have implemented and maintained adequate and effective systems and controls.
- Ensure that these processes are being complied with and
- timely action taken to remedy any deficiencies brought to their attention.
- The JFSC wishes to remind regulated businesses of the importance of CMP after they
- Identified many repeated findings during the themed examination carried out last year.
- Identified critical findings related to policies and procedures, record keeping, corporate governance, and risk assessments.
- Overall, the findings highlighted a number of the businesses were not adhering to the guidance the JFSC published in December 2013.
- To help provide clear guidance on what is expected from regulated businesses the webinar will cover:
- What compliance monitoring is and why it is important
- Regulatory requirements
- Results from the JFSC recent CMP thematic
- What action the JFSC will be taking following the thematic
- What steps the JFSC expect Industry to be taking
You can learn more about the webinar and sign up on the JFSC Eventbrite page