Jersey [JFSC] Update on terrorism and proliferation of weapons of mass destruction sanctions guidance
- All United Nations Security Council (UNSC) designations related to the prevention and disruption of the financing of proliferation of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) (proliferation)are implemented in Jersey.
- Weapons include, for example, atomic explosive weapons, lethal biological and chemical weapons, radioactive material weapons and any weapons developed in the future which have comparative destructive effects.
- The JFSC have updated ITS sanctions pages to give more context to the Financial Action Task Force’s (FATF) Recommendations 6 and 7.
- These updates are in relation to the implementation of targeted financial sanctions (TFS) to comply with United Nations Security Council Resolutions (UNSCRs).
- The purpose of the TFS regime is to ensure that designated persons involved in terrorism and the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction are prevented from raising, moving and using funds, assets and other resources.
- Where relevant, the Sanctions Compliance reporting form should be used to report compliance-related information to the Minister for External Relations and Financial Services.
- Information may include suspected designated persons, assets you have frozen and suspected breaches of financial sanctions.