Jersey – JFCU - Latest guidance and FAQ’s on Consent
The JFCU has issued its latest updated advice and guidance on Consent matters to assist in the preparation of reports to the FIU.
Consent regime – FAQ’s - Introduction
- This FAQ document (FAQs or Document)
- Is issued by the JFCU FIU (FIU) in an effort to provide further clarity in managing the consent process.
- Should be read in conjunction with guidance previously issued by the FIU dated 9 November 2020.
- Is provided for general information only and does constitute legal advice, nor is it a replacement for such. Independent legal advice should be sought as required and dependent on your relevant circumstances.
- May be revoked or amended at any time.
- In issuing the FAQs an assumption has been made that those directly concerned with its content will be familiar with:
- Part 3 of the Proceeds of Crime (Jersey) Law 1998, as amended (POCJL) – Money Laundering.
- Part 3 of the Terrorism (Jersey) Law 2002, as amended (TJL) – Offences relating to Terrorist
- The relevant AML/CFT Handbook(s) issued by the JFSC; and
- Any appropriate guidance issued by the JFSC.
The FAQs make reference primarily to consent requests made under POCJL; similar provisions are contained in the TJL.
Read more - click below: