Jersey company registry legislation RE - beneficial owners, controllers and significant persons?
Jersey to enact new company registry legislation and enhance its registers of beneficial owners, controllers and significant persons?
The Jersey Financial Services Commission (JFSC) has recommended Jersey enact new company registry legislation and enhance its registers of beneficial owners, controllers and significant persons.
This evidences Jersey's commitment to adopting high levels of compliance with international standards on anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing.
- The central register will be split into a public and a private section so that some information such as company directors' details can be made publicly available, while beneficial ownership remains private.
- Information on significant persons (at least company directors) is likely to become publicly available.
- Beneficial ownership information will remain private until an international consensus is reached on the level and type of public information disclosure.
- It will be possible to apply for dispensations to the public disclosure of information.
- The JFSC will issue guidance on the application of the definition of beneficial ownership.