Criminality in Saudi Arabia - The Organized Crime Index
After attending an ML/TF risk workshop about doing business in Saudi Arabia [SA], and receiving proceeds from SA actors, I was struck with what information was/was not available.
- The JFSC higher risk index [D2] does not list SA. https://www.jerseyfsc.org/media/5544/d2-pdf.pdf
So I have looked at the Global Initiative Against Transnational Organized Crime https://ocindex.net/about and the Global Organized Crime Index
- Based on the 2019 ENACT Organised Crime Index for Africa, the Global Organized Crime Index is a key flagship project of the Global Initiative Against Transnational Organized Crime.
- It is a multi-dimensional tool that assesses the level of criminality and resilience to organized crime for 193 countries along three key pillars – criminal markets, criminal actors and resilience.
- The Index is Developed over two years. The Index draws from quantitative and qualitative sources and is underpinned by over 350 expert assessments and evaluations by the GI-TOC’s regional observatories.
The objective of the Index is to
- Provide metrics-based information that would allow policymakers and continental and regional bodies to prioritize their interventions based on a holistic assessment of where vulnerabilities lie and equip them with the means to measure the efficacy of their responses to mitigate the impact of organized crime.
This is the first iteration of the Global Index, which will be published every two years. https://ocindex.net/about
The Saudi Arabian data is here:-