Countries and territories in AML/CFT Handbook appendices updated –Industry update 22 October 2021
The JFSC has published updated versions of Appendices D1 and D2 of the AML/CFT Handbook to consider the latest Financial Action Task Force (FATF) statements of 21 October 2021. These requirements are practical immediately.
Countries and territories listed under Sources 1 and 2 of Appendix D2 should be treated as not compliant with FATF Recommendations for Article 17A of the Money Laundering Order.
Firms will also need to take particular care when considering placing reliance on an obliged person based in one of these countries and territories.
Whenever the JFSC update these handbook appendices, to assess the impact on your business.
- You should review your policies and procedures,
- As well as your existing customer relationships,
You can view the updated appendices by visiting the :
- AML/CFT Handbookspage of the JFSC website.
- Appendix D1 - Countries and territories for which a FATF call for action applies- 21 October 2021
- Appendix D2 - Countries and territories identified as presenting higher risks- 21 October 2021
- Appendix D2 - Countries and territories identified as presenting higher risks latest amendments- 21 October 2021 –