Consultation on merging and changes the JFSC AML/CFT Handbooks
Last month, the JFSC announced they would be consulting Industry on proposed changes to the JFSC AML/CFT Handbooks. And now they have launched their consultation with the deadline for feedback on 7 January 2022.
- Read the JFSC consultation - https://www.jerseyfsc.org/industry/consultations/consultation-on-draft-amlcft-handbook-no7-2021/
- View the proposed Consolidated Handbook. https://www.jerseyfsc.org/media/4946/draft-handbook-consultation-no7.pdf
The JFSC proposal deals with the following x3 matters:
- Merge into one Consolidated Handbook:
- Handbook for regulated financial services business,
- Handbook for the accountancy sector,
- Handbook for the legal sector and H
- Handbook for estate agents and high value dealers
- Extend the scope of the AML/CFT Codes of Practice and guidance notes to cover all supervised persons.
- Add new AML/CFT Codes of Practice in respect of electronic identification (E-ID), electronic statements/utility bills and certification of documents.