2022 APG YEARLY TYPOLOGIES REPORT:- includes illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing (IUU).
Each year the APG publishes a typologies report to share information on regional typologies, including details on ML and TF trends and a compendium of case studies.
The 2022 APG Typologies Report includes 236 case studies and observations from 22 APG members and nine observers.
The report includes a brief focus chapter on the illicit financial flows from illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing (IUU).
IUU operations pose a large-scale concern from various perspectives, including:
- The number of proceeds generated,
- Security concerns, and
- The involvement of transnational organised criminal groups.
The report includes:
- Chapter 1 - illicit financial flows from IUU seek to determine the challenges in pursuing proceeds associated with IUU.
- Chapter 2 - the effects of COVID-19-related ML and TF trends are tracked
- Chapter 9 Proliferation Financing Methods & Trends are highlighted. [topics of focus in Chapter 1 of the 2021 and 2020 APG Yearly Typologies Reports]
The report is available for download here. http://www.apgml.org/includes/handlers/get-document.ashx?d=d2972f3d-aa22-4b7f-ac9e-848cd26e9461